Thursday, September 30, 2010

When the weather man gives you a lemon....

Last Saturday I was in Mernard, Texas and really looking forward to shooting an outdoor concert by Will Dupy and Doghouse, a popular area country group. The gig was a key part of the annual Jim Bowie family reunion. Will and the boys were to take the stage at 3:00 Everybody was walking around with crossed fingers as the weather man has not been kind to the celebration recently. Last year's celebration was pretty much a non event as it rained most of the day. Well, either crossing fingers is pointless or somebody let their's slip because about 2:00 everybody, your's truly included got soaked. So not concert!



Well, not quite. One of the sponsors just so happend to have a warehouse less than a half mile away from the park where the Bowie festival was going on. And the band said they came to play and the location didn't make any difference to them.  So they loaded up their equipment and high tailed it over there. And I was right behind them with my camera.


I must tell you, Will and  his guys are no dogs. They had that place rocking. But..... there was another major obstacle. The lighting was terrible and they set up to play in the darkest place of all. I normally prefer available light for concerts but that was totally out of the question. Long story short, my present flash unit is inadequate and as could be expected my shots were nothing special. So I made lemonade.








8 comments:

  1. Sorry about the typos. I edited them twice and both times the original mistakes eturned when I pressed publish. Oh well, I give up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! All are great but I love that bass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I had a blast creating all of them but I'm kind of partial to the drummer myself. I hope the band likes them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When my brother cye ask you to model for his camera,dont do it!! He will work you to death lol.Really, this is what he enjoys doing and I love watching him trying to capture whatever he sees in ordinary situations that most of us would like to see if only we were gifted with the same artistic vision.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the bass was hilarious and thought it was surel going to be my favorite until I saw the drummer photo. I like all of them a lot but am in love with the one of the drummer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cye, I love, love, LOVE the bass pix, the third one down!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative. I love the bass most!

    ReplyDelete